Question
Posted by: Linke | 2004/11/09

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

I am a 20 year old girl going out with a 20 year old boy! We are going out for 2 years! Our relationship is stunning!

My concern is next year i will be studying at a Technikon and he will be finished next week with his studies! Will this by any chance influence our relationship cause I realy love him dearly!

Is there any way we could help the relationship through that time?

PLease advice me what to do I do not want to lose him!
PS he feels the same!

Expert ImageTeen expert

if it is a strong relationship there is no reason to assume that it will end because you are no longer both at college. People do sometimes drift apart if people go away to other cities or towns to study or work as they are living away from one another.

The best thing to do is for the two of you to have a conversation about your worries and how you would both want things to be while things are changing. This way you will know how you both feel. In these cases the phantasy of what the other person is thinking tends to be worse than the reality. If you love each other you will work it out.

3
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/11/10

What exactly is your problem?

Reply to Nuffing
Posted by: linke | 2004/11/10

Zeester....

So you think I have nothing to worry about? I suppose communication is going to play a very important role in our relationship. We have been talking about marraige but after i have finished my studies!

I realy love this man and would do anything i can to make this work!

You sound like you have been in a situation like this before!
Have you?

Please reply

Thanks a mill!!!!

Reply to linke
Posted by: zeester | 2004/11/10

Hi there!

I don't think you have anything to worry about. All you can do is support, and try to understand each other.
You can talk about your day, wether it was good or bad, but just don't complain, complain, complain. Ask for advice and also talk about nice things. Try not to talk about problems all the time, but you have to talk about problems.
I know this sounds very confusing, but I think you will understand!

Enjoy your day!

Reply to zeester