Posted by: Gatvol | 2004/10/20

help please.....

I am trying now for 8 years to fall pregnant. I went on a hormon naizelspray, I gain 15kg in 3 months and I am still struggling to lose that weight. I tried every dieet / shake / pills, yes I lost wait but as soon as I eat healthly again I gain again. I was on a high protein dieet aswell, that works but again when you start eating healthy again you gain. I went to a homeopath he said that I have a underactive thyriod. He said I must use L-Tysorine and Struma. Can you please give me more info about the 2 products. will I lose weight with this products. What is the best way to lose weight. Will the products have an effect on me as I am still trying to fall pregnant. At this stage I have a big opsession about my weight. Thanks for your help......

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Reader
The reason why you are struggling is a) due to the underactive thyroid and I agree that you need to take Eltroxin which is a thyroid hormone replacement - I can't comment about the Struma as this is probably a homeopathic product b) you need to use a well-balanced diet to lose your weight not all these dangerous fad diets and pills and potions. By now you have probably disrupted your metabolism with all this dieting and all these products and are caught in the yo-yo dieting cycle which makes it more and more difficult to lose weight.
To lose weight need to reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss' site, read about every aspect of slimming (Diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects, etc) by surfing on this site.
I sincerely hope that you fall pregnant.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.