Question
Posted by: Jacqui | 2004/10/05

HELP!!!!! > Picking up weight at an alarming rate.

I AM DESPERATE. I'm picking up weight at an alarming rate that really start to worries me. I've been to the docter and they did test my sugar and thyroidgland and nothing is wrong. I exercise Mon - Fri (cardio and toning) and I've being going to a dietician for the last month now. Even she admits that she don't now what to tell me anymore. I'm gaining some 500g - 1 kilo a week. PLEASE HELP. Any info that I can work with now, would be of great help. What can cause weight gain at such a rapid phase. I'm not pregnant either. Being on the injection for the past seven years and still is. I'm 1.74 tall and weighed +- 60 -63 kilo's my whole life. I'm standing on 73.3k now and the weight gain started +- Jun/Jul this year. At this stage I'm thinking of stop eating and becoming anorexic to get rid of this weight.

Dear Jacqui
Very rapid weight gain like this is a sign of a serious underlying problem, such as an insulin or female hormone imbalance or depression. Please have yourself examined by a Endocrinologist (ask your dr or dietitian to refer you) and if you suspect that depression may be playing a role have yourself assessed by a clinical psychologist. Clinical psychologists are listed in the Yellow Pages under 'Psychologists' or you can ask your gp to refer you.
We need to obtain a clinical diagnosis to see what is causing this rapid weight gain before you can receive appropriate treatment. Don't go down the anorexia path - that is the way to total destruction of your health and happiness.
Holding thumbs that you find out what is causing this surge in weight.