Question
Posted by: meraai | 2006/07/24

help needed

i am 33 years old and not on any contraception. we have been trying to concieve from dec 05 nothing so far. my cycle is 38-46 days. i am scared to take any pills and would appreciate any advise. How does one take temp and when?
Pls help

Dear Meraai

Clearly your menstrual cycle length is abnormal, indicating that there may be a homone imbalance problem. Cycle lenghts in excess of 4 days will necessitate investigation and I will suggest that a careful hormone evaluation and pelvic ultrasound be done before starting any treatment.