Question
Posted by: Lala | 2005/11/23

HELP NEEDED

I have a friend and i have known her for twelve months, we met at work, and started to like each other. The thing is she wont feel comfortable whenever we are around other friends of mine and what ever i have she makes sure she has. each and every clothing item i get for my self she makes sure she gets it the following day. Is this obsession or admiration? I am starting to feel uncomfortable with this.

Sounds like severe lack of self-confidence on her side, imitating out of desperation, making the foolish assumption that the more she can look like you and act like you, the more confident she might feel --- though that has to fail, as she's not gaining any confidence in her own self. needs to see a counsellor

3
Posted by: AVY | 2005/11/24

Girl,:this is an obsession.It will really help if u told ur " twin" exactly how the whole situation makes u feel.It's about time u plucked up the courage.

PS...My offer to hold ur hand when u tell her,still stands

Reply to AVY
Posted by: Michael | 2005/11/23

Why not buy something really bright and kitsch and see if she buys it... then you can have a great chuckle.. tee hee

Reply to Michael
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/11/23

It doesn't sound like healthy admiration to me, more like an obsession. Talk to her about it, tell her that you value her friendship, but her behaviour (mention actual incidents) is making you uncomfortable. I hope you don't have a boyfriend she might want!!!

Reply to Buzz