Posted by: Domestic Violence | 2003/12/04

Help Needed

Hi There!

I have a friend in Jhb that is victim of domestic violence. She has 2 young children & is staying with him because of financial reasons. Abuse is getting worse. Any contact numbers that you can suggest of organisations that will be able to help? I'm in Cape Town, so I can't do much to help her and immediate intervention is required.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

DV --- POWA ! And as they are a national organization, the Cape Town branch will be able to give you contact details for Joburg to send to her. They can help with advice, support, and legal / escape / safety advice, too.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Domestic Violence | 2003/12/09

I have contacted POWA and I have given my friend the Jhb Contact details and she is moving out. Thanks for the advice.

Reply to Domestic Violence
Posted by: Sugar | 2003/12/05

It is very admirable that you are trying to help a friend - but - based on my experience - it aint gonna help. She is the only one who can take charge of the sitation & if she felt she was ready to make the change, she would have sorted it. You are a good friend, but all that you can do is listen and give her advise - but she has to be the one to make the move!
Good Luck - good friend!

Reply to Sugar
Posted by: Woman | 2003/12/04

I've heard of POWA - not sure what the no in your region is.
Try them - get a restraining order agains the man if needed

good luck

Reply to Woman

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.