Question
Posted by: Claudia | 2008/07/07

Help me understand

Hi Doc,
In Dec 2007 - my b/friend gave me a severe beating. It was all over including facial injuries. Some bruises and injured on my nose and right eye. Some blows to my head. At the time I did not see a doc. I just took painkilllers and in about 2 weeks I was normal again. In January I had severe pain on my face, went to the doc he prescribed antibiotics as he said I had a sinus infection. PLS NOTE - by nature I never had sinus problems ever.
Since the beating to my face I feel from time to time have these sinus problems.
Worst is the blocked ears and the throat being sore. Headaches.
I have been to the doc quite a few times and he always is treating me for sinus problems. I had the flu this past three weeks, first time ever did I get this ill and this sinus problem is still persisting.
I have had x-rays done which conclude I have a sinus infection. Its a miserable feeling. I have been on so much meds. I wish I could just feel better soon. Please advise me Doc, considering I have never had sinus problems. Do you think that from that beatings in December it has resulted to this? And please advise me - is there a possiblity that this sinus's is going to be a persistent long term problem to me. I am worried.

Dear Claudia
It could be that your nose septum was injured, causing a skew nose septum that now predispose you to sinus infections. I think you should see an ENT surgeon as they may need to do a sinus scan and examination with a small flexible camera. If there is any physical abnormalities this may cause persistent problems.

1
Posted by: Tammy | 2008/07/07

Hi Claudia

Sinus is the least of your problems, did you leave this despicable creature???

Sinus is a sign of stress.

You should have had a brain scan.

I am not Cyberdoc but this is my opinion.

Best Wishes

Reply to Tammy