Posted by: TNKS | 2008/10/29

It feels as if my life is over. I have never been a strict parent. However, my husband has spoilt my daughter rotten (11) and she tries to belittle my family and everything I am and do. I can only assume that she gets it from him. I have become the mother from hell, because I swear at them when she says something about me or my family and I cannot take it any longer. My son ignores me and says he does' nt care (24). I see to all their needs such as clothing, food, cleaning etc and they treat my as a domestic. I cannot control myself and lash out at them and hate myself afterwards that suicidal thoughts have been increasing in my mind - that maybe they would be better off without me. I dont feel like discussing with my GP. Do I need to because I am concerned about Medical Aid. I have told the GP I am depressed (he gave me tripteline and espertide) because at times I lock myself in my room just not to see their behaviour or listen to them. As a child, I had a good upbring, morals etc - my father always saw to everything whereas my husband family life was not as good as mine. This is driving me crazy - because it now appears as if I am the ogre. PLEASE HELP ME!

OK, calm down. Your life isn't over, needn't be, and shouldn't be. Problems inevitably arise when parents do not agree on a common, shared code of conduct for the kids. Rarely if ever would a child belittle a parent's family or parent, except with active encouragement from the other parent. If your son is 24, why on earth are you seeing to all of his needs ? He should be caring for himself. And your daughter should be doing her share of household chores, too. You may well be depressed, but may need more experienced and better treatment --- can't you ask to be referred to a good local psychiatrist ? A psychiatrist could select drugs better suited to your needs, and would be someone you could and should talk frankly with abo ut the situation in which you find yourself. With such expert help you could plan a logical and more effective way to handle your daughters really bad behaviour.
This Ogress could make excellent Progress.

Posted by: Zelda | 2009/02/05

is it ok to use triptelyne, 10mg. I have barlows syndrome

Reply to Zelda