Question
Posted by: NEW MOMMY | 2006/04/21

HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

I have 2 kittens 5 days old, Mommy died.

What do I feed them?
I have baby formula, but I am sure it will be lacking something.

PLEASE HELP ASAP, I dont want to loose these babies

The correct commercial products are available from your veterinarian. People food is not good enough. Your vet can then also give you specific instructions as to how to do it. They will need to be fed multiple times per day. There will also need to be rubbed with paper or cotton wool to make them wee and poo.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

4
Posted by: earthchild | 2006/04/21

kittymilk formula works well,but it doesnt come with a bottle for feeding.you will have to get a kitty bottle or syringe and teat( you can buy mothering sets which come with 3 teats and syringe)
you'll more than likely be feeding every 1 and half to 2 hours, do you have the time? if not, see if there is someone who has a momcat who is still feeding her kitties, she should be ok to feed them.
if you do decide to take on the task,when they are done feeding you must use cottonwool and warm water to stimulate them to urinate/poop, do so by gently wiping their tummies in a downward motion towards the tail, that should get them to go.
you will have to have a hot water bottle for them, kittens dont eat or digest their food well if they are not warm.
Good luck and best wishes

Reply to earthchild
Posted by: NEW MOMMY | 2006/04/21

Thanks Guys, will take to a vet to get them nummies

Reply to NEW MOMMY
Posted by: Sheryl | 2006/04/21

Hi New Mommy

Get to a vet ASAP and buy some Babycat milk made by
Royal Canin - it can be used from birth and it comes with
a feeding bottle and measuring spoon - there are also
detailed instructions on the pack. If you battle to find it,
there is another one called kittymilk.

Good Luck

Reply to Sheryl
Posted by: Jacqui | 2006/04/21

Gosh, you might have to get a syringe and feed them.
Maybe some diluted pronutro with warm water and minimal milk?

Reply to Jacqui