Question
Posted by: help | 2007/08/10

help (drinking)

Hi , I believe the is some sort of pill the doctor can implant in you to stop you from drinking ,Id this correct ? I am a drinking problem I do not drink every day can stop for weeks on end but when I start to drink I get very agro and violent. This has caused me too lose my love of my live ! . I don’t want to carry on like this I need to stop drinking.I suffer from Bipolar not on meds as non have ever helped me… please can someone help

Dear Help
Yes you can have antabuse inplantation - talk to your GP about this. You also have to try to find something that will work for your Bipolar - have you been to a psychiatrist yet? Patients often "self medicate" with alcohol when they are feeling bad due to anxiety or depression or bipolar disease...