Posted by: help | 2007/08/10

help (drinking)

Hi , I believe the is some sort of pill the doctor can implant in you to stop you from drinking ,Id this correct ? I am a drinking problem I do not drink every day can stop for weeks on end but when I start to drink I get very agro and violent. This has caused me too lose my love of my live ! . I don’t want to carry on like this I need to stop drinking.I suffer from Bipolar not on meds as non have ever helped me… please can someone help

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Help
Yes you can have antabuse inplantation - talk to your GP about this. You also have to try to find something that will work for your Bipolar - have you been to a psychiatrist yet? Patients often "self medicate" with alcohol when they are feeling bad due to anxiety or depression or bipolar disease...

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.