Posted by: Sad | 2009/04/14

Help - Depression

Can someone please recommend a good psychologist in the Northern Suburbs Cape Town?

I' m severely depressed and need help. Am taking medication, but it is not working anymore.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I don['t encourage anyone to recommend specific shrinks on this site. YOu can call your local branch of FAMSA< or the anxiety-Depression Support group, or ask your GP, or inquire at the Depts of Psychiatry of the medical schools. Sounds like in adition to medication, you need CBT, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, to help you sort out the negative thinking part of the problem

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Sad | 2009/04/14

I' m taking Cipralex, not sure what dosage, but I' ve been through quite a few traumatic events.. and a messy break-up. I need help to sort out my very negative and self-destructive thoughts.

Reply to Sad
Posted by: Caron | 2009/04/14

If you are taking a good anti-depressant then it should be working. What meds are on currently on? Perhaps you need to increase your dosage.

Reply to Caron

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.