Question
Posted by: Shadow | 2007/05/02

Help! blood in cat poo

I noticed bloody poo when I cleaned the kitty litter this morning. It was red blood on soft poo, so it's not constipation.My cat seems otherwise healthy, she's playing and has a good appetite. Will only be able to get to the vet tomorrow, so any info would be appreciated. I started feeding her Hills Tuna flavour for adult cats on Saturday, could it be a food sensitivity? She hasn't had any bad reactions to other Hills foods before. She's an elderly cat (15) and was diagnosed with kidney failure in December but has been fine since then.

Best have her checked out by your vet as there are a number of possible causes. How often do you give her worm remedies? Has she had colitis before?

1
Posted by: Shadow | 2007/05/04

Thanks doc. My vet said she seemed fine, he just dewormed her. Apparently it's a "good" year for worms due to last year's heavy rains in namibia. and she goes out to munch on grass.

Reply to Shadow