Question
Posted by: MiZ D | 2005/11/24

HELP!!!!- alcohol?????

i love going to parties, and i love hanging out with my friends. but i always feel i need to get drunk to have fun. everybody sais that they can always have fun at parties without drinking. but i dont think so... i am a person that needs to be noticed and i can do that with alcohol and it works!! but i think that i need to cut down a bit when i go to parties. not that i drink too much, i just drink enough to feel confident. does anybody feel the same way???

Expert ImageTeen expert

If you feel you need to drink to be able to feel confident then you need to address this issue. Otherwise you will become dependent on alcohol and potentially other substances to solve problems. When people begin to believe that resolving their problems requires a substance then a dependence begins. There is a danger that you then start to believe that you need the substance for other problems too.

If you use alcohol responsibly and not see it as something you have to have to be a certain way then this is what you should be aiming for.

I would also like to point out that the legal age for alcohol consumption is 18 years and is an arrestable offence if you are caught using it under age.

1
Posted by: kish | 2005/11/26

yes i am 18.

Reply to kish