Posted by: TB | 2010/05/25



wondering if you could help me, my husband has custody of his three children, they are still school going age, he has recently become very ill and is no longer able to work. He had a garnishee order place against his x-wife salary of R300 per child, but now that he is not working and times are really hard, can we apply to have this amount increased. I dont think that the children going to live with her will be an options as she has very little contact with them (thats her choice)


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDivorce support expert

I know it is possible to apply to increase the maintenance amount but you will have to file a request for an increase.
You can contact me for a legal referral.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: G-Dad | 2010/05/27

Yes it is possible for him to apply for an increase of maintenance depending if she can afford to pay more, you do not need an attorney phone the local courts and go see the maintenance officer, they will tell you what is required.

It sound like she currently paying R900 per month which is not a lot, it all depends on her income.

Reply to G-Dad

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.