Posted by: Trish | 2009/08/24


Hi there, i' m a 23 year woman who has a huge problem and wish doc can give me advise or something. For 2 years now i' m not living with my parents but i work for my father so i see him everyday, but my problem is that when i dont see him everyday i miss him very much(like a schoolkid sleeps over and misses their parents). I am going on holiday for 2 weeks without my parents and i dont know what to do. I know that i wont be able to go that long without seeing by dad. My heart is sore and it feels if i can cry! What is the cause of this and what can i do to stop this? I can only go away for 5 days max then i start to mis my parents. It was exactly the same when i was a child, i could' nt sleep over at my friend' s house or nothing!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Are you perhaps a little immature in terms of social relationships ? DO you have much of a life that you enjoy OUTSIDE of your work with your dad, and your parents in general ? And how are you thinking about this --- what do you imagine would happen if you went for some days without seeing your dad ? He, surely, would be fine. What do you think would happen to you without that contact ?
Then you say something interestin, about being fine for 5 days why should the 6th day somehow be worse and harder to cope with ? And OK, so at some stage you "miss" your parents --- does that have to be absolutely awful ? And why would ou be spending so much time thinking about how you feel you are missing for them, rather than enjoying the things you can do on a holiday you might not be doing at home, and why are you not being busy with pleasan acivities, rather than sitting round thinkin about home ? Do you not have other friends in your life ? Wouldn't it be useful to work towards developing other friendships ?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.