Posted by: Green | 2009/03/16


Good day i would need some advice that if i can be sucessful in conceiving after i do a tubal reversal or what is 100 % IVF o Tubal Reversal. I eally need a boy.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Green

The success of tubal reversal depends entirely on the technique, which was used to do the sterilisation in the first place. In cases where a substantial potion of the tube has been excised, the success may be markedly reduced where as procedures using clips are much easier to reverse and will give you a success of approximately 60 – 70% if done correctly. However, there is also an increased risk of an ectopic pregnancy occurring following any form of tubal repair and this should be weighed against the alternative, which is the invitro- fertilisation. The cost of reversal varies from centre to centre but is probably in the region of R20 000 – R30 000 including clinic costs. Although the procedure might be feasible through a laparoscope, the expertise in this area is limited and most surgeons would, at this stage would prefer to do it through a small abdominal laparotomy (bikini cut operation). In the latter case, hospitalisation may require 3 – 4 days and post operative recovery may take up to 4weeks. All these costs, including the cost of being non-productive for a period should be weighed against the easier alternative which is invitro–fertilisation. Should you want a much more reliable option, then invitro-fertilisation with pre-genetic diagnosis of the embryos is certainly more accurate but extremely expensive. You would have to go through a full in-vitro fertilisation process and the embryos are individually tested for chromosomal integrity as well as the gender. The chances of successful pregnancy occurring are in the region of 40% but should such a pregnancy occur then the likely hood of the gender being what you require is 100%.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Green | 2009/04/07

Thanks fo the previous post, i need help please on the consulting procedure where do i go .To start with the IVF process please give adresses and whether i need to book and who i must see.Please help i really appreciate the info you gave me on the process i need to use.


Reply to Green

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.