Posted by: Wana know | 2008/09/10

I was sexually abused as a young girl and recently got married. I now have problems making love to my husband and i can not even speak to him abt my past. It is now creating major problems between the two of us and i dont know what to do. Please help

DO see a good local psychologist or counsellor to deal with your current problems. Don't look for one who expresses a special interest in people who were formerly abused, as too many of those have their own personal agenda, and focus too much on the past and not enough on your current problems. The shrink will be able to gently help you deal with your problems, and the assumptions and habits you have carried over from those unpleasant experiences, let you free yourself to enjoy making love with your husband, and can helpmyou plan how in time, to discuss this with him, and allow him to help you work through this

Posted by: OZA | 2008/09/11

Wana Know

Hi I was married to a women who had also been abused it took 23 years to come tot the fore of our problems.
Please do yourself a favour go see a professional person deal with the trauma Your future with your hubby is at steak and it will eat like a cancer.
I would first speak to a professional person before you talk to your hubby this will be a massive shock to him and he may not know how to deal with it you can be advised by your councillor on how to proceed.
Do not put this off please you will only make things worse from a individual who lived the bulk of his married life to a person he did not know or thought he new to wake up and find that all his problems that he believed to be his fault actually stemmed from his wife’ s lies.

Reply to OZA
Posted by: EL | 2008/09/10

You need to let him know about this and get some help! If you tell him he then he will know that you can trust him. Be open with your husband!

Reply to EL