Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2008/02/04

Help...

I know I m maybe just being paranoid. But I need to ask. Ive been feeling really sick for the past 2 days. Having menstural like cramps / tummy ache (not constant) but feeling a constant nauseousness. I also have a migraine today.

Been feeling pressure on pelvic are as well.

Just want to know Im 32 weeks pregnant, whats the signs of prem labour and whats the signs for survival?

Baby weight at 28weeks were 1.3kg.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Lisa
This is a good weight if you go into premature labour and the changes for survival are good. It do however seem more like a tummy bug or irritability of the tummy, however, if the cramps are constant and your water break, visit your doctor immediately.

regards
Welma

2
Posted by: Lisa | 2008/02/11

Thanks Kym.

I spoke to my gynae on Saturday, she said its ok, it might just be an infection. but she also couldnt pick up any traces of infection. Its still there but really just for short periods.

Reply to Lisa
Posted by: Kym | 2008/02/11

If you are concern first and foremost contact your gynae.

From personal experience the easiest way I could tell if I was in labour was the period type pains were regular. I could time them and there was a definite pattern.

the pressure on the pelvic area is normal as I believe from most woman. I never got to 32 weeks.

The survival rate of prems are 90% + from 27 weeks by 32 weeks it is 95% and by 34 weeks 98%

Take a look at this site as I find it very helpful www dot sapreemies dot za dot org

Reply to Kym