Question
Posted by: no name | 2007/11/26

help

What can I eat that I shouldn't feel guilty about and wont' put on weight? Are there really fat burning foods and if I have 3 tsp sugar a day is that going to make me gain weight? I can't afford organic so how can I live with all the kuk in it and will meat make me gain weight or does it just make me full?

There are so many things that are confusing and worrying, it gives people with OCD absolutely no chance because everyone wants to be beautiful and model like or there is just no acceptance!

Dear No Name
I think that you should consult a clinical psychologist about your attitude to food, guilt and your body image. Yes, there are foods that have such a low energy intake that they can be regarded as 'fat burning', but no one can live on them alone. 3 t of sugar a day will also not make you fat. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).
But please do see a psychologist because I think that your problem is related to how you think of food and your self image and until these problems have been sorted out, you will not get far with diets.