Question
Posted by: weatherman | 2007/08/13

help!

I have just come out of a 3 year gay relatioinship. I have now discovered that my man of three years had been engaging in clandestine sexual encounters with several men, most of which I am acquainted with, My partner was diagnosed with bi polar manic depressive disorder and I just want to know if this condition leads to such irresponsible behaviour. he denies it and avoids talkingabout it. He kjnows that I knew for a while - the signs were all there, but I thought we could get help for him as I deeply care for him. I think in the end he was so eaten up with guilt, sleeping in my bed and slippping out for anonymous sex in the dead ot the night, that he had to bow out.Several articles I have read on the web suggest that bi polar people can go through promiscuous episodes and be in denial that they are doing it.he is totally remorseless of the hurt and disappointmenthe inflicted on me.is this just a symptom of his condition or is it really him by his full senses doing these things out of free will.I know that this characteristic will perpetuuate into his new relationships - what can I do to get him to seek help. I care deeply still.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi to you Weatherman...

During a manic phase some people with a bipolar mood disorder can experience an increased libido. Such episodes can be avoided if they take their medication correctly.

This is a time for you to be looking after yourself - not him.

3
Posted by: WEATHERMAN | 2007/08/13

SO THEY SAY HEY, BUT LOVE CONQUERS ALL.MAYBE ONE DAY HE WILL COME TO KNOW LOVE AND LOVE CHANGES PEOPLES HEARTS- NOT WORLDLY LOVE THOUGH MORE A SPIRITUAL KIND OF LOVE.

Reply to WEATHERMAN
Posted by: Morne | 2007/08/13

Ya get him out of your system and move on. I think I know who you talking about? Didnt he get a restraining order against you?

Reply to Morne
Posted by: Pleb | 2007/08/13

Hey

wake up - you are rid of him - wake up and move on

Reply to Pleb