Question
Posted by: help | 2007/08/10

help

Hi , I believe the is some sort of pill the doctor can implant in you to stop you from drinking ,Id this correct ? I am a drinking problem I do not drink every day can stop for weeks on end but when I start to drink I get very agro and violent. This has caused me too lose my love of my live ! . I don’t want to carry on like this I need to stop drinking.I suffer from Bipolar not on meds as non have ever helped me… please can someone help

There are some medicines you can take by mouth which can help --- though the snag there is that you need top take them regularly and without cheating ! There is also a medicine which can be implanted ( thus sparing you a daily decision abou taking meds ) which would make you feel awfully sick if you then took alcohol, and this can help one to stay off the booze. Congratulations on being so wise as to recognize that you need to stop drinking. It may well be that your drinking was what prevented any meds you have previously tried for bipolar disorder from working or helping you, so once you have the drinking stopped, a renewed effort to control the bipolar disorder would be much more likely to be successful. Use all the help that is available, including AA and personal counselling and support