Question
Posted by: sharn | 2007/03/02

help

Hey do you know of any exercises to build your fitness up and tone your legs,,but and most importantly arms, stomach and love handles? I have recently come out of rehab for bulimorexia and my fitness level is like zero.Where do you reccomend I start and how long?I do have a gym membership..

Hi Sharn

Being a gym member is a good start, because it means you have access to all kinds of equipment that make life a lot more convenient.

So what I would suggest is that you find a programme that is suitable for you on this site, by clicking on "Programmes" and then choosing one of the programmes that you think is relevant to you.

To give you some direction, you need a mix of cardio and weight training, and you can easily do both at the gym. Cardio means things like running, walking, swimming, cycling, joining a taebo class etc. The weight training is probably best done on the gym's super circuit at this stage, or on the resistance training machines, which again, make things very convenient. But the programmes on the site all have this type of information and so as long as you are doing the mix of the two, it'll be OK for you.