Question
Posted by: Esmeralda | 2007/02/26

HELP!

I've been a victim of impulse buying and most of the time I don't really like the things I really buy.I credit a lot when I'm broke and as soon as I get money,I hurry off to pay for the credited items.I'm tired of living this way.Is there any help for me?

Arrange with the shops not to allow you credit ; destroy your credit cards and never renew them --- talk to your bank about other ways to safeguard your finances from such self-damage --- and see a good local shrink for a full assessment and treatment to reduce this self-damaging behaviour

2
Posted by: Shae | 2007/02/26

Two areas of work here: one is self discipline and two being that which you are missing in your life and trying to fill with your excessive spending. Identify what these are and work on the real problem first.

Reply to Shae
Posted by: Maria | 2007/02/26

You need to see a psychologist, preferably one who does cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). Is this an option for you?

Reply to Maria