Question
Posted by: Pregfairy | 2007/02/26

Help!

Hi Dr. I need to know, I am about five months pregnant and I had an Ovarian Cist operation last February. Now, my Gynae says I will definately have to go for a C- section but I am not comfort with that and if there is any chance of a normal vaginal birth I'd like to know. Is there any chance of a vaginal birth?

Dear Pregfairy
You won't get a ceasar just because you had a ovarian cyst operation - there must be another reason why she feels this way - usually indications are:
an abnormally big baby or abnormally small pelvis of the mother
A pelvis that is too narrow at the one end
vaginal warts or vaginal infection
a baby that lies upside down ( feet at the bottom) - this will still be to early to decide for you
Previous operations on the uterus itself
Ask her the specific reason why she feels like this?