Question
Posted by: Frustrated | 2006/10/26

Help

I know Im being a bit 'finicky' but I'm try SOOO hard to be my ideal body size. I am 1.54m tall and weighed 48 and have an EXREMELY tiny bone structure. I do 45min spinning on Monday, 60min thaiboxing on tues and thurs and 45 min cardio wednesday, friday and maybe saterday. I have been doing thid for 3 months. I am eating the recommened 1500kcal a day and only consume small portions of "good fat". I still weigh 48,but my body fat has dropped 5%, which I can see and am happy about. I used to weigh 44/45 which is my ideal, but my body doesn't seem to get past the 47/48kg mark. i can see a change in my body, everywhere but my legs. why is this? I also do squats, lunges everyday and leg weight 2x a week. Why can't I go back to being the 45kg I was?

Hi Frustrated

I really do think that at your current body weight, you may be asking too much to want to lose more weight. Your BMI is currently less than 21, which actually means you are pretty close to being underweight. I don't know where you get the idea that 44 is ideal - I think it's too low, and I have a feeling that so does your body. That's why you can't lose anymore weight - there is none to lose. I'm not sure what your body fat is, but to have lost 5% means it's probably not that high either, and so any further weight loss is going to be very very difficult. So the simple reason is that you are probably not meant to get back to 45, it's an unreasonable goal to set, and I really think that you should be happy with 48. That is incredibly light - I'll bet that 99 out of 100 people reading this will be thinking the same thing and probably wishing they were you. So keep up the training, get stronger and get fitter, but try to forget about the weight on the scale - it's meaningless in your case. Rather get fitter, leaner, stronger and let weigh take care of itself.