Question
Posted by: help | 2006/04/11

help

Hi doc,

I've asked many questions on your advice forum and received the est advice from you many times, this time I need more urgent advice. I am in a verysteady relationship 4 yrs andgetting marriedsoon. My child is 5 and my future husband's is4. She live'swith us and for 3yrs I have been hiding my true feelings towards her. I have read many advice columns and tried to show love and change the way I really feel. I can't change and feel totally hopeless. I think I am starting to hate her.... help

I think you need to see a good local counsellor to work on this, help. Its not clear why you would dislike this child, and it may relate to aspects of the child's behaviour, which you can learn how to shape and change for the better ; or to problems within yourself, which you can similarly learn to deal wioth, once the oriogins of these feelings have been clarified