Question
Posted by: L | 2005/12/09

Help

The message below is what i posted to diet doc, he advised on a gastric bypass, please can you advise me as to what this is and how much it will cost?

I have about 40kg's to lose. I weight 96kg and need to weight 60kg.
I have tried xenicle,duromine,chromium picolinate, sureslim,weightless and every other diet you can think of!
I have so much to lose is there anyone out there that can help me.
My thyroid is fine....please help!

Dear L,
With a gastric bypass they make a shortcut in your small intestine so that you don't absorb all the food you eat. It makes the food go quicker through the bowels. The cost will depend on the surgeon, the hospital and the operation itself, for how long you need ICU treatment and lots of other factors. You can find out from your nearest hospital. Ask your GP to find out who the surgeons are that specializes in this in your area, as it is better to get someone with experience to do the procedure for you.
See http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/19268http://.htm and www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007199.htm for side-effects etc.
It is a serious operation and should be carefully considered as you may have abdominal symptoms after the op.

1
Posted by: TJ | 2005/12/09

The best is to cut out all forms of starch, Bread, pasta, rice (all whites). Just eat meats and vegetables. Any meat and any veg. Jou will see a differance. Cut out all soda drinks, have only juice and lots of water. Cut out sweet and snacking totally. If you have starched once a week is fine.

Reply to TJ