Question
Posted by: Rat | 2005/11/22

Help!!

At times some of us are having a bad day......in a mind frame of commiting suicide....we post here.....then get replies from the grim and nasty that are not helpful but make us feel bad about ourselves.... to the point where we may even end our lives.....why cant they just be helpful.... that is all we are asking for.....to help one understand their problems....not cruelty and abuse....this site is to enlighten one on what to do when in doubt or am I highly mistaken here.

Hello Rat, Unless you're using a new nick, I haven't seen any such posting from you within this forum ! yes, i's sad that some folks are negative, cruel and unhelpful online, just as they are in real life. Ignore the nasty comments, just as you'd ignore a dog you walked past who barked at you --- you wouldn't take the barking as personal or relevant to the fine nature of you.
When the negative comments turn up, feel sad for the pathetically empty souls who think it clever to post such messages

5
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/22

i remember a nasty incident over a year ago........ Captured Angel was having such a difficult time and was posting here regularly and someone was downright rude to her..... i think it was either her last post or one of her last posts where she was remembering what the person had said to her........ somehow the negative comments stayed with her and affected her... not long after that she committed suicide.... the negative comments were not the cause of the suicide but how sad it was that she had to think about those comments when she was in so much pain..... i understand what you're saying Rat!! but yes, you have to learn to realise which comments are just vicious and which comments are intended to help.......
the people here generally do offer support and it is very few that really say negative things........ i think its a useful reminder though for people to think about what they're saying before they just shoot...... and to think about what consequences their thoughtless actions might have.

Reply to ...
Posted by: Wit Zombie | 2005/11/22

Ja, V. Dis reg. Die kinners wat hierdie fantastiese site spoil moet voetsek! Ons probeer mekaar help hierso en dis lekker om in mekaar se probleme te deel en te probeer advise gee.
Rat: waarmee kan ons help?

Reply to Wit Zombie
Posted by: Lois_Lane | 2005/11/22

Well said V

Reply to Lois_Lane
Posted by: V | 2005/11/22

I just ignore nasty comments. I sometimes think it is young children/teenagers that post comments, you can just make that assumption if you see their level of maturity, so just ignore, use the comments that can be helpful or useful to you.

Reply to V
Posted by: Lois_Lane | 2005/11/22

Not all of us here are negative and nasty. There are a lot of us who would do there utmost to be supportive and give advice to the best of our ability. Please dont be misguided by that small handful of negatives.

Reply to Lois_Lane