Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2005/07/11

Help!

Hi Doc. I hope you can help me. I am a 19 year old male and I am a bit worried. Let me tell you my symptoms I am experiencing. It all started last year when I had unprotected sex with a girlfriend. I stressed like mad! Really, I hardly slept and ate and I was going mad with stress! I first started to notice after about a week, “snowy vision” (not floaters). It is almost like I am looking through snow on a television, and to explain it a bit more if you apply pressure to your eyes for a while you start seeing strange shapes and stuff, I have that constantly (bit not badly that it obstructs my vision, it is only bad at night) and when I look on to bright places I see flashes, it is like my blood is not circulating properly. I also started experiencing and still experience tiredness quite often, I also got terrible stomach pain which my doc diagnosed IBS, but my stomach is still not right, and I experiencing a bloated sensation in my solar plexus and a uncomfortable feeling in my abdominal area and I hardly ever get hungry and If I eat small amounts of food I feel like throwing up I also sometimes get a sharp stabbing pain that lasts a few minutes in the middle of my abdominal area, but I have maintained a constant weight round 72kg’s. I also starting experiencing test pain on my left hand side and it only lasts a few minutes and is gone, also my heart will sometimes start pounding at my chest really hard and fast for no reason. Sometime I also experiencing for a couple of seconds on my left hand side of my body from top to bottom a quick “pins and needles” sensation and then it is gone. Sometimes when I sleep at night my whole body has a funny feeling of slight pins and needles. I also had terrible sinusitis and malaise but when winter came my sinusitis disappeared and so did the malaise with it (I am a chronic sinusitis sufferer). Also, a hard bump formed behind my ear, and is not sore and is hard to the touch, and it has reminded the same size for one year now and it is small. My doc thinks it is not a lymph node and had experienced more by my side burn and in my jaw and chin but the subsided after a few days. I also experience a brain fog sensation and it is like I am almost not in touch with reality, its really strange and I have been experiencing a lightly stiff neck the whole time as well. Until a while back I have started seeing floaters. My urine is also quite often really yellow and really strong smelling. I have seen one G.P and one specialist. I have had general blood tests and they came back fine, I had a C.T scan and came back with severe sinusitis, I had also a HIV test (ELISA 3rd generation at a pathologist) which came back negative after the test period and I have not experienced any symptoms of any sort of STD to date. They also picked up Epstein-Barr virus. Doc, I would like to know what do you make of all of this and should I go back and see another doc and what should I tell him? Do you think I could of stressed my body beyond a breaking point?

Thanks for your time and help,
Concerned.

Concerned, it sounds like you’re worried about having caught something when you had unprotected sex and that this is now getting the better of you. You’re “tuning in” to every little “abnormality” in your body and worrying that it is a sign of something serious. The best would be to relax and to see a specialist again if the symptoms are still there in 6 months. You can also drop CyberShrink a line. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Concerned | 2005/07/11

Sorry about the spelling.

"test pain"- Chest pain.
"reminded"-remained

Reply to Concerned