Question
Posted by: Maria | 2004/11/17

Help...

Doc,
I'm feeling so depressed today.This morning, when i wanted to put on my denim skirt which was fitting me nice 5months ago, and doesnt fit me anymore. I've pick up alot of weight on my bums and hips.I desperetely need help to loose weight fast. I've tried evertything,even only apples and drinking water.Is it maybe im sitting the whole day and not doing exercise?To be honest, i dont have time for exercise....I start work 07h00 and get home at 18h30.The time i get home, im so tired and got no energy.Please help....I'll do anything, just to loose weight....

Dear Maria
You will ironically not lose masses of weight if you go on a starvation diet as the body switches off its weight loss systems when faced with starvation. To lose weight need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). If you are eating a balanced diet instead of starving yourself, you will have more energy to do some exercise every day and as you exercise you will find that you have more and more energy. Ask Fitness Doc for a home workout to target those problem areas. While you are on the ‘Weight loss' site, read about every aspect of slimming (Diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects, Detoxing, etc) by surfing on this site.

2
Posted by: DR | 2004/11/17

Why don't you go for a walk during your lunch-break?

Reply to DR
Posted by: Heather | 2004/11/17

HI Maria

I replied to your question on my note regarding flabby skin. One thing is for sure ... when you start exercising you will have more energy. Start off with 15 minutes a day walking. It will help you with your weight loss (providing you eat a balanced diet) and it will increase your energy levels.

Going on crash diets won't help. The moment you start eating normally you put on the weight again (and more). You need to eat small regular meals. (I currently eat 7 times a day). It works!

Reply to Heather