Question
Posted by: danny | 2004/11/15

help

Please advise what to do
I am 21 years old, my height is 1.7 m and my weight is 69kg

Everyone says im not fat, but i feel like an elephant, i dont know what to do,
please advise

Thanks alot

kind regards

danny

Dear Danny
Your present BMI = 23,8, which is in the normal range. To have an ideal BMI of 22, you would have to weigh 64 kg, so you could try losing 5 kg. To lose weight need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).