Question
Posted by: ABC | 2004/11/11

Help!!!!

I am 35 years and my height is 1.8 m and I am 108kg which put my BMI at 34 and I have tried everything under the sun all the diets. My life style is as follows. I am in a office for 14 hours ± 2 weeks and the other time when I am home we try and walk atleast 1 hr to 1.5 hrs. Very active at house since I bought it do my own renevations. But for the last 3 years no change in weight. I have seen a diettrician but no luck.

Dear ABC
I can well understand that you are feeling frustrated. I would first suggest that you have a medical checkup to see if you don't suffer from a hormone imbalance (thyroid, insulin) as this can hamper weight loss and pile on the kgs. When you are with the dr, discuss the option of using Xenical with him/her. Xenical works by blocking the uptake of fat from the diet thus causing weight loss. At the Congress on Obesity I attended last week good results were reported for Xenical. So consult your dr (it can only be obtained by prescription from a medical dr) and use it with a very-low-fat-diet. Although this product is relatively expensive, it would cost as much if you go onto another diet regimen involving other diet pills, shakes, etc, so you may find that Xenical works more efficiently and helps you to lose that weight.