Question
Posted by: fatties wife | 2004/10/27

HELP

I have tried to help my husband loose weight for 25yea He has been on just about every diet plan I can think off, but to no avail, I feed him correctly on lots of salads, no read meat, very little fats, fruit, all the things that one does to loose weight. He go"s. to the local and buy toasted sammies, chocolates, etc and then drink tab. I have given up. He is a perfect candidate for diabetes. \his heart is strong and he does not have a colestrol problem. He is just not prepared to loose weight and has said as much. He weighs 50kg over his recommended weight Can anybody give me some advise. Even the Specialist Physician has told him to loose weight.

Dear Wife
The biggest problem in this kind of situation is that your husband is the only person who can take the decision to start losing weight. I can only suggest that you sit down and discuss this problem with him once more and tell him that it is up to him to start eating a healthy diet and getting help. If he is 50 kg overweight then probably the best solution is for him to use Xenical, which is a real fat-trapper that will prevent him from absorbing fat from what he eats. Xenical is, however expensive so it would help if your dr could motivate for this medication to be paid for by your medical aid - after all his weight is a direct danger to his health and he needs to lose weight ASAP in large amounts. He would use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet and this will help him to start losing. So see if you can persuade him to get Xenical prescribed for his condition. Once he starts losing weight and feels more mobile, he would also need to start doing regular exercise such as going for a brisk walk for 30 min a day, or joining Walk for Life, who are very supportive.
I sincerely hope for both your sakes that your husband agrees to this plan of action.

2
Posted by: sheli | 2004/11/01

how expensive is the xenical tablets with out medical aid?

Reply to sheli
Posted by: TW | 2004/11/01

WALKING WALKING WALKING - it really works after just 2 weeks i noticed i lost wieght and clothes felt loser too!!!

Try skip out junk food, eat loads of veggies for supper and walk yourselves silly it really works!!!

Reply to TW