Question
Posted by: kirsten | 2004/10/11

HELP!!!!

Hi.. My name is kirsten Deans and am in serious need of help. I am a provincial swimmer in South Africa. Unfortunately i have an extremely slow metabolism and pick up weight very easily. I need to get back in the water but am too ashamed to be seen in such a state. please help me!!!!

Dear Kirsten
You know that physical activity and a strenuous exercise programme will slim you down, so forget about the weight, buy a less revealing bathing costume (not a Speedo!) and start training as hard as you can. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and 'Slimming Diet to obtain a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet that is balanced and helps with weight loss. As you start losing weight and find that you may get hungry on the specified portions because of the amount of energy you use for swimming and training, you may increase the portion sizes. You can add other types of exercise like jogging and cycling to your programme which you can do in private.