Posted by: Niple | 2004/03/10


With my partner we penetrated without a condom the other day and we immediately stopped and used a condom. Now i'm afraid that maybe in that short time i would have been infected by HIV, not that he is HIV positive but i want to be sure and think that its early for me to go for the test cause its been two weeks after the incident.

Please help me with any information if you can.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

You and you friend should both go for tests. That is the correct way to do it.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: ScaredOne | 2004/03/11

Cactas does confidential free rapid tests(takes 20 mins) .Their number is 021 422 5219 and they're in Church Street in town.Lemme know if you need more info

Reply to ScaredOne
Posted by: Niple | 2004/03/11

Thank you very much but i 'll have to get tested for safety reasons, but now i don't know where to go for a free HIV test, i'm living in CT and normally go to my doctor for my HIV test but now if there is a place where i can go and tested for free will you please let me know?

Thank you again at least now i am a bit relieved.

Reply to Niple
Posted by: ScaredOne | 2004/03/10

Chances are that you weren't (i.e assuming he is +ve) , because in comparison to other infections , HIV is not that easy to transmit.In other words words if you were to have unprotected sex with someone who had say syphlis , you would definitely get it..However , DON'T misunderstand this statement as implying that a single act is not sufficient to transmist HIV.Sometimes that's all one needs to get infected.Odds are in your favour as there was no ejaculation.
If you're really worried then you should go and get tested after the 3months window period.If you can't wait then an early RNA PCR test might help ease your mind until you go for a conclusive ELISA test at 3 mons.You should ALWAYS now use condoms from beginning to end.Don't play HIV roulette with your life.At least you're in a position to decide what you want and don't want. Many women in our country don't have that power (because of socio-economic reasons ,eg marriage) and they're becoming victims all the time.Hope that will help.And please don't go hunting for symptoms on the net , because you will start experiencing them.Hope that helps.

Reply to ScaredOne
Posted by: Niple | 2004/03/10

i want to know if i maybe infected

Reply to Niple
Posted by: pep | 2004/03/10

what information are you looking for exactly Niple?

Reply to pep

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.