Question
Posted by: *** | 2004/01/21

Help

My boyfriend broke up with me sometime ago, saying he wasn't ready for a relationship, i was hurt cause i thought of all the people in the world he would never hurt me.Well two weeks later he came running back.
Well we've been going out for a year now and recently can't stop fighting sometimes over stupid sometimes over hurtful things.
I'm not happy and even though he doesn't show it he's not either, think he's scared of losing me again he'd do anything for that not to happen, make no mistake i love him and know were soul mates, but i just don't think right now in life, were both young and at different points in our lives.
I'm gonna leave him, i know i'm losing him for a second time, but i don't make him happy,i'm not a person to give up on something that i want, but a lot has been happening in my life lately.
Am i crazy to be thinking this please give me advice.
Our famlies are great friends how's my decesion going to effect that..

thanks

Dear ***,
( I think I knew your brother, * )
OK, I don't beleieve in "soulmates" and think the very concept causes unhappiness among many good people who are well matched and could be happy together. So, first of all he got cold feet and withdrew for a short while, then came back, and now you're thinking of withdrawing, too ? Is hat the really best solution you can think of ? have you considered relationship counselling, undertaken together, to see if you can identify what's working and what's not working between the two of you, and if it can be sorted out ?