Question
Posted by: Chan1 | 2006/11/09

HELLP Syndrome

My son was born at 29 weeks (weiged 1.4kg) due to me developing pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome. I would like to know what exactly HELLP syndrome is and whether is was caused by the high blood pressure.

My son seems ok but when should one start looking out for any developmental problems??

Expert ImageArchive

Hallo Chan1
Pre-eclampsia may cause HELLP syndrome. HELLP is a shut- down of all the important organs due to the high blood pressure. It usually does not effect the babies, but if you are concerned you can visit an early intervention clinic to assess him for you.'
Welma