Question
Posted by: Tango | 2007/12/08

Hello CS - Help!

Hello CS

How are you? I do hope well.

I am presently feeling so overwhelmed by many issues:

1. Retrenchment and finding my next groove in life. (Age sweet 54!) I feel like a leaky canoe bobbing around an angry sea - and no one in sight to guide me home.
2. Good friend shot and badly injured at his restaurant in Muldersdrift 2 weeks ago. He has recovered but this is the closest its moved to me and its awful. His neighbor was killed two days after his shooting by armed men
3. My daughter (32) may have finally tracked down her biological father in Europe. He left us when she was 1 yr old and we have tried to find him on several occasions - we may have succeeded, but will only know later this month. Although I am well over the situation, I am so scared that its not him and she feels down again after yet another wild goose chase, that it is him and she will be disappointed in the reality etc etc
4. Break up of a special romance. The reasons were right - but at this time just hit me a bit hard.

It seems as if I am been hit from all sides!!

Tango

HI Tango,
It's good to hear from you again. I find sometimes life is a mix of overwhelmed and underwhelmed, and somehow I'm not feeling whelmed often enough.
let's see. As for 1, I've been there several times. It's important to approach the situation rationally, though something usually turns up unexpectedly. However, rationality gives us something useful and calming to do while waiting to give Chance an opportunity to intervene, too !
2. Atrocious. If only these violent and savage criminals would aim more of their attention at the politicians who should be doing something about this. Maybe the constitution should forbid the provision of ANY extra protection or security for any politician other than whatever the police service can provide for the rest of us. They might then be motiated to raise the standards ?
3. Interesting, but there's probnably not much one can do other than wait and see. Hope it works out.
and 4. Sad, disappointing, but if the reasons were right, the decision was right. One eventually gets over it, and finds something better. But yes, all 4 at once is an overload. Hope the Festive season is calmer and more peaceful for you and yours