Question
Posted by: Leo | 2007/03/29

Height increase

Can a person aged 25 still gain height after the epiphyses has closed? I heard a rumor of thickening vertabrae which could add centimetres in height. Any advice? I am 25 , male, 178 cm and want to gain some height. Is this at all possible? Any advice will help.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Leo
There are many online drugs available that purport to increase height. After the epiphysis has closed, growth is impossible and the injection of Human Growth Hormone not recommended. If these drugs were safe and really did what they claim to do, they would be approved by regulatory bodies like the American FDA and our own MCC.
Personally I would not recommend the use of any of these drugs. 178 cm is also not that short- it is about 13 cm's taller than the average woman!