Question
Posted by: jonny | 2005/06/29

heels ,cracks painfull

I develop cracks in my heals after a day or two without wearing shoes. What can I do? It's painfull.

Expert ImageArchive

I am ging to give you the same advice as above
Cracked heels are really not curable but they are very managable,
1) Go to a Podiatrist, there is probably a lot of callus around your heels, and this needs to be taken away, the cracks need to be opened cleaned and dressed (it isnt a painful treatment)
The use of creams on heels like this doesnt work without treating the callus
2) dont wear sandals with a flat heel wear one with a cup shaped heel it supports the soft tissue of the heel more and shoud crack less, or wear a shoe with a closed heel cup
You will need to continue the treatment regularly