Question
Posted by: shirley | 2008/05/27

heel spur or not

When I stretch my foot a certain way, my heel starts to pull and it is quite sore. Is this considered a heel spur and if so, what can i do about it. I only wear flat shoes or takkies and it is only happening on the one foot.

Hi Shirley

No, not necessarily. A heel spur would not only hurt when stretched, but also during running. It might just be that you are inflexible in the calf, or that you are over-stretching the calf muscle. You have to get the appropriate diagnosis in order to know waht you need to do about it, because anything in this format is really just guesswork.

So if the problem persists and if you find that it affects your exercise (I'm not sure if you are affected unless you stretch it), then I'd say you probably need to see someone and have it diagnosed and then treated.

Ross

1
Posted by: biggie | 2009/02/09

hi dr, i have a problem with right heel. it is painfull and itching and i dont know what could be done to solve this kind of problem. i wear takkies and boots often, please dr could you help.

Reply to biggie