Question
Posted by: Joey | 2007/03/02

heel spul in children

I know about heel spur as I also suffer from it for the past 5 years now. Been to the Podiatrists myself, but the inserts he gave me did not seem to work. What worries me more though is the fact that my boy of 10 years seem to have the same problem. He can hardly walk when he gets up in the morning. He plays rugby barefoot and after practice of a game he is almost in tears with the pain. When he does wear shoes, it’s Green Cross – but he does not like to wear any shoes not even to school. He says that his feet get very hot and to my surprise when I feel his feet, they do seem to be warmer than the rest of his body. Is this “normal” in children or could there be something else wrong?

Expert ImageArchive

He probably doesnt have spurs yet but a plantar fasciitis which is the precurser to spurs. Also as a differential in a boy of 10 we must think of a condition called Severs disease. Either way he needs a podiatrist and he will need to wear shoes as the treatment will be based on orthotics.

If the previous podiatrist didnt help call the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249 and get another name

2
Posted by: Joey | 2007/03/02

sorry that's heel spur in children

Reply to Joey
Posted by: Joey | 2007/03/02

sorry that's heel spur in children

Reply to Joey