Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2004/03/04

heavy yellow discharge, almost clotting, smells & tastes funny

I have had this heavy yellow discharge for almost 2 years. I have been to my gynea who said that everything is fine and that I should actually be glad I've got so much lubrication, but not only does it look awfull, it smells funny and it has a very sharp taste.
My gynea have not tested for any sexually transmitted diseases. Do I have to ask him to that?

The easiest way to know if there is an infection is to ask your gynaecologist to take a swab of the discharge and send it to the laboratory to test.

5
Posted by: Michelle | 2004/03/05

O gosh no!! I suppose I had it coming about the taste! My boyfriend has mentioned that I taste funny - even after I had a really thorough shower.

Thanks for all the replies though.

Reply to Michelle
Posted by: Geez | 2004/03/04

Michelle - how on earth do you know what it TASTES like??

Reply to Geez
Posted by: ciska | 2004/03/04

A discharge is normal, but if it smells funny then it usually indicates an infection. Maybe you should see another gynae and ask him/her to do tests. It's usually better to get a 2nd opinion.

Good luck!! All the best!

Reply to ciska
Posted by: Page | 2004/03/04

I can understand the whole thing except for one part of your message - how do you know how it tastes? - Seeing it is one but tasting it?

Reply to Page
Posted by: me | 2004/03/04

ask to be tested!

Reply to me