Question
Posted by: Anemic Annie | 2007/11/27

Heavy Periods

I need some help please. Since having my 2nd baby (was sterilized after) and since then I have been having really bad, heavy periods. I bleed every 2 or so weeks for between 10 to 18 days long.

My Dr has changed my pill 5 times now and the only thing I got was weight gain and more period pain.

So I went off the pill and lost 12 kgs and I am feeling alot better, but my periods are still every 2 weeks and last just as long. I had a normal pap smear result and internal.

I dont know what to do, I am severally anemic and I cant go on like this, What can I do?

You could have a hysteroscopy to check that there are no polyps in the uterus. If this is normal, your options are the Mirena or a hysterectomy.