Question
Posted by: Really want to know | 2004/11/03

heavy period pains

I have terrible period pains. Sometimes it gets so bad that I can't even stand up straight or I have to take a day of at work. I am 18 of age and is really worried about it. My mother says that it is normal but I still think there is something wrong. I went to a gyneadoc and she told me there is nothing wrong. I also heard that there is this disease that causes this heavy pains but I can't remember the name. Is it possible for you to help me with some advice? I am tired of being on painkillers every month and my boss is getting tired of the fact that I am taking so much days off.

If the pain is there for the first day and then gets better, it is likely to be ' normal' period pains. You could try Ponstan, starting just before your period is due. The oral contraceptive Pill will also help. If it persists for longer, you may possibly need further tests.

1
Posted by: P | 2004/11/04

You probaly have endometroisis which may cause heavy periods and pain,speak to your gynae about doing a Laparoscopy.You should also check your diet and weight ,if you are over weight it also causes back and abdominal pain when you have your periods.

Reply to P