Question
Posted by: Trevor | 2012/06/11

Heavy period

My girlfriend (34) experiences a heavy period every month. It lasts about 2 weeks and can be very painful. She also does not enjoy sex and finds it painful. We have been together for many years and this does not seem to get better. Would it be to her benefit to visit a Gynaecologist and in your experience can this be fixed? Previously her doctor has recommended using the pill to regulate her period but that makes her feel ill. I believe it might be a physical problem. We no longer have a sexsual relationship as a result of this and it starting to affect our relationship adversely.

She should definitely see a gynaecologist. There are many causes for heavy periods and pain with sex. She will need a full assesment to determine the cause.

2

Posted by: Tanya | 2012/06/11

Trevor...wonderful to see that you are involved and caring about your gf problems. She most definately should go and see a gyna. There is a solution I''m sure. Many ladies cannot take the pill because of various side effects but there are alternatives. In the meantime there are other things you can do besides penetrative sex, use your imagination and continue to love and care for each other.

Reply to Tanya