Question
Posted by: Bobby | 2006/11/01

HEAVY PERIOD

Been having an extremely heavy period for approx. 6 months with blood clots coming down as well. Age 44 - healthy, no problems. Also having headaches, dizziness, nausea and pains in abdomen (never had before). Having the sensation of numbness in arms and legs lately. Pain in shoulders and neck as well.

You should see a gynaecologist. A common cause of heavy periods at your age is fibroids.
The numbness and pains are a separate issue. See your GP about these.

1
Posted by: Jingo | 2006/11/01

Not being an expert myself but I would say that you SERIOUSLY need to go and have yourself looked at, as soon as you start getting numbness and pain around your neck - there is something either pressing on a nerve or disrupting the flow of messages in your nerves..

Don't bugger around with your health on this one... Go get it checked out... I would say first to a gynae about the heavy periods and also mention the nerve type problem.... and if not solution about the pain, to a normal doc...

Reply to Jingo