Question
Posted by: Chubby | 2008/01/23

Heavy overweight

I’m 33 and weighs 95 kg’s! It’s terrible! Where can I start trying to loose some weight!? I have tried a lot of diet products and nothing seems to work! I have tried to eat healthier and that didn’t help. I want to loose 20 kg’s slowly and on a healthy manner without any diet products. Is it possible!? How does your mind-set influence your weight!? If I want to start today, what will you recommend!? I’m not the exercise type, is that perhaps my problem?

Dear Reader
Yes it is possible to lose 20 kg without taking all kinds of pills and potions. The most important factor is your mind-set. If you have resolved that you are going to stick to a low-fat, energy-reduced diet and start doing some form of regular exercise every day, then you will succeed. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).
Good luck and don't let anything or anyone discourage you.