Posted by: ROSY | 2012/09/07


I am 45yrs and have a problem of cycle which changes everytime and my menstrual is heavy. I once seen the Gynae and he gave me tablets to use but the problem persist. What can I do? Papsmear has been done everything is normal

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I suggest that you consult your GP for blood tests to exclude diabetes, hypothyroidism and bleeding disorders, to investigate your heavy menstruation. Your GP should also do a full blood count to determine if you are suffering from anemia, due to your heavy menstruation. It is possible that you are entering menopause and your GP will be able to assist with blood tests, to evaluate your hormonal profile. Medication can be prescribed to treat your heavy menstruation.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.