Question
Posted by: Ma | 2004/11/17

Heavy feeling at my back

I am 28 weeks pregnant with my second child.
My first child was born at 32 weeks.

I have had a very uncomplicated pregnancy so far.Since Monday I have had this heavy,period pain like feeling at my back.I am also nauses sometimes.

I am supposed to see my gynie on the 22 Nov again for my check-up.Cant I leave this till then or should I go and see him a.s.a.p

It sounds like backache rather than contractions, but give your doctor a ring. He/ she knows your pregnancy history and can assess whether to see you earlier or not.

3
Posted by: Jj@ | 2004/11/17

Hi MA
It is good to know that we are at a stage where should we go into labour, our babies would survive. I have a feeling that I may go into premature labour, but my baby is still high up so I guess I am just anxious.
Still awaiting responses from other ladies.

Reply to Jj@
Posted by: Ma | 2004/11/17

Thanx for the info.

I had a normal birth with my first child.I was in labour for 29 hours.She was in the incubator for a day bacause she could not regulate her body temp.

I guess the nausea is because of all the pressure.
I cant understand it I didn't have any of this with my daughter!

Reply to Ma
Posted by: Jj@ | 2004/11/17

Hi Ma
I am also 28 weeks and have been feeling a bit quesy as well the past week, I was wondering whether morning sickness was coming back. I do not have period like pains but my lower back is very stiff. May I ask how your 1st child was born, C-section or normal and did the baby have to stay in an incubator? I would also be interested in the ladie's answers to your questions.

Reply to Jj@